Doctor of Business Administration (DBA)
AIT-SOM is offering a Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) for senior professional managers/administrators. The DBA program is intended to create a body of knowledge embedded in practice. The first DBA program is being offered at AIT Campus in Thailand, Sri Lanka at the International College of Business and Technology (ICBT) Campus and Vietnam (Hanoi and HCMC) at the AIT in Vietnam (AITVN) since 2007.
SOM’s DBA program is intended to provide further preparation skills for working professionals to re-enter industry upon graduation. Both educational qualifications and work experience are taken into consideration for admission to the DBA program. A master’s degree prior to entry to the DBA is preferred. However, if one does not have a master’s degree prior to entry to the DBA, eligibility will be based on their professional experience and equivalent qualifications.
The ultimate academic objective of SOM’s DBA program is to develop and disseminate “grounded” theories based on Asian business practices including developing case studies and industry analyses.
- DBA degree is recognized internationally and by The Ministry of Education and Training in Vietnam (MOET).
- The curriculum is highly practical and applicable.
- Flexible studying schedule at weekends.
- Learning method is modern and flexible experience sharing with international executives & faculty.
- First year DBA Program Structure: Six doctoral level research methodology courses (total of 22.5 hours per course), delivered online and/or in person in downtown campuses:
- Course 1: Approaches of qualitative research
- Course 2: Methods of qualitative research
- Course 3: Foundations of management research
- Course 4: Management research methods and writing
- Course 5: Data strategies & hypotheses testing
- Course 6: Building models that link to theory
Knowledge Building Courses (Elective courses): Students can select a total of six credits from the School of Management.
Special Study: Toward the end of their coursework, DBA students take a research specialization study of 3 credits. The student works with his/her supervisor on a topic of interest. It will be tailor-made to the student’s research focus and require understanding and a critical review of the theories and research in the field of specialization. The student will be required to prepare a review paper (a report) based on published research.
Year 2-3: Dissertation:
The dissertation is self-study and does involve any formal coursework. Students are expected to meet with their supervisor and committee members regularly.
The cost of the program is 25,000 USD (~597,750,000 VND) which includes registration fee, tuition fee, and course materials. The fee is payable into 5 installments. The first instalment must be paid before course enrollment.
In case the candidate is not able to complete the degree within three years, fee per semester (expectedly 700 USD) will be charged for each semester under extension.
The exchange rate (1 USD = 23,910 VND) is only for reference.
- The program selection will be based on criteria such as: Academic qualifications, Experience, Professional Accomplishments, Level of responsibility of the applicant and statement of purpose. An interview may also be arranged before the final selection is made. The selected applicants will be informed at least one month prior to start of the program.
- Please contact our program officer to fill out AIT Application Form.
|Application Deadline||January, 2024|
|English Entry Test||Every Tuesday|
Ms. Lý Mai Hương
- M: +84 98 246 3311; Email: email@example.com
- 3rd Floor, DETECH Building, No.8 Ton That Thuyet Str., My Dinh II Ward, Nam Tu Liem Dist, Hanoi, Vietnam.
Ms. Đào Thanh Yến
- Mobile: +84 98 360 4487 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 6th Floor, FCC Building, 45 Dinh Tien Hoang Str, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City.