The overall objective of the training course is to build capacity for PMUs/ executors and consultants on preparation, supervision and management of the Environmental and social impact assessment/Environmental Management Plan (ESIA/EMP) more effectively and to meet the requirements of the World Bank’s, the Asian Development Bank’s and Vietnam’s principles and standards.
Specifically, the course aim to:
• Provide the knowledge and share the experiences on ESIA preparation, implementation and management at high quality levels to improve the investment process.
• Build up the skills and capacity for staff on cooperation and management the ESIA implementation
• Help the participants to recognize and build up the relationship with project stakeholders for ESIA implementation
The 3-day training course will cover the following topics:
• WB’s Project Cycle and Why Conduct ESIA?
• Vietnam’s and Donor/International policies and requirements for ESIA
• Screening and scoping
• Impact analysis
• Evaluating impact significance
• Cumulative impact assessment
• Mitigation and impact management
• Public involvement, consultation and disclosure in ESIA
• Role of PMU and relationship with other stakeholders
• Quality control tools of ESIA
The training course is designed for:
1. PMU assigned members from WB, ADB projects in Vietnam (managers, technical staff, environment and social staff, etc.)
2. EIA consultants
3. Environmental experts of related governmental agenciesMinimum requirements for participants are basic knowledge about the EIA and reading some pre-materials before attending the training
The training involves participatory learning approaches (PLA), application-oriented and interactive, emphasizing on group discussions on EIA procedures, gap analysis, methodologies and case studies. The course instructors provide basic knowlege and develop problem solving approaches with participants and their role is essentially that of facilitators. Participants are encouraged to raise their ideas and issues related to the course topics, then brain-storm or discuss with other participants and facilitators to find out solutions as well as draw lessons learned.
Good text books, literatures, studies and reliable source of information about EIA/ESIA will be introduced
Times & dates : 3 days; Morning: 8:30 - 12:00 am; Afternoon: 1:30 - 17:00 pm. Course 1 : 3-5/3/2016
Course 2 : 10-12/3/2016
7 million VND which includes tuition, training materials and related stationaries, refreshment and lunches. As informed by the World Bank and the Asian Development Bank the Project Management Units (PMUs) of those WB-funded and ADB-funded on-going projects who assign their environmental and social officers/experts to these training courses can use the project budget line for staff training to pay for the tuition & fee.
Course 1 : AITVN, B3 Building, University of Transport and Communication, Lang Thuong Ward, Dong Da District, Hanoi
Course 2 : AITVN, 45 Dinh Tien Hoang St., Dist. 1, Ho Chi Minh City
Environmental and Social Impact Assessment
Ms. Pham Thi Thanh Thuy
Vietnam Learning Center on Environmental and Social Sustainability (LC)
Tel: +84-4-3766 9493 Ext: 116