There were 2091491 page views
8 members are online
Completion of a training cum study tour course on “Community-based disaster risk reduction in changing climate” in Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City and Beijing
The Asian Institute of Technology Center in Vietnam (AITCV) in cooperation with the Climate Change Adaptation Project (CCAP) organized sucessfully a training cum study tour for a delegation of Local Government Engineering Department of Bangladesh. The course entitled “Community-based disaster risk reduction in changing climate”, lasing for 9 days from 26/11 to 04/12/2016 in Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City and Beijing.
The course participants are officials working at the central level (i.e. Ministry of LGRD & Co-operative) and at the province level, such as Barisal, Barguna,Patuakhali, Faridpur,Patuakhali and Dhaka. During the first three days, the delegation was in discussion on management strategy and policy/measures on climate change adaptation of Vietnam. They were exposed to a field visit to Xuan Thuy, Nam Dinh province to learn some adaptation case. The next three days, they were taken to Can Gio, Ho Chi Minh City to vist a mangrove forest – one of the UNESCO recognizedbiosphere reserve,to discover the abundant wildlife and the beautiful nature there. They were introduced on how the forest has been recovered after the war time and later on become the famous ecological tourism area. Leaving Vietnam, the delegation continued their exposure trip to Beijing – where they would learn about themanagement strategy and policy/measures on climate change adaptation of China and case of China demonstration on Community Based Disaster Risk Reduction. Lastly, the took a field visit Tsinghua University and workd with School of Environment (SOE) before having some cultural visit at Tian’Anmen Sq and finished the course.
For more information about the course, please contact Ms. Nguyen Thi Bich Hoa, at her email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- AIT-VN signed MOU with the Tra Vinh University
- An Giang University signed MOU with the AIT-VN
- Scholarship - The course of PRINCIPLES OF ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT ASSESSMENT REVIEW, 17-20 April 2017
- Vietnam Learning Center - Training program 2017
- Eduniversal 2016 Business School Ranking Results
- Completion of a training program on “Basic concepts on Integrated Water Resource Management” from 24-26/9 and 04-06/10/2016, in Ho Chi Minh City and Nam Dinh province
- Completion of the training program on “Value chain development and market linkage” on 24-26/8 and 07-09/9/2016 in Tuyen Quang City.
- Completion of a 3-day-training on “Consulting skills” in Tra Vinh City