Completion of a 5-day training cum study on “Surface Water Quality Monitoring and Modeling” from 16-20 November 2015 in Thailand
The training program on “Surface Water Quality Monitoring and Modeling” was designed and conducted by the Asian Institute of Technology in Vietnam (AITVN) upon the request of the PMU of Vietnam Industrial Pollution Management Project (VIPMP).
This is a training cum study tour program, it covered in-class training sessions with short lectures and field visits as the course themes related. Participants are representatives of VIPM Project and its partners that include Ministry of Planning and Investment (MPI), Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment (MoNRE) and IZManagement Board, departments of the Project’s provinces such as Ha Nam, Nam Dinh, Dong Nai, Ba Ria Vung Tau and Ho Chi Minh City.
The course took place from 16-20/11/2015 in Thailand, where participants can explore the study environment at AIT Thailand and take the opportunity to exchange experiences in surface water monitoring and modeling in the river basin with a variety of stakeholders such as academic institution (AIT lecturers), government agencies (Pollution Control Department PCD - MONRE), provincial authority (Regional Environment Office No.13 in Chonburi) and enterprise (Amata Nakorn)
The course has provided the participants with an update of changing trends and best practices in environmental monitoring and assessment particularly on the industrial wastewater management in the river basin. Participants were much interested in (a) learning about the legal framework and institutional arrangement for water quality monitoring; and (b) getting to know how the automatic monitoring system (AMS) working compared with what they are doing with AMS in Vietnam. As claimed by participants, the training contents were found relevant and highly applicable are: (a) model of environmental monitoring network management; (b) QA/QC in the water analysis laboratory; (c) water quality modeling; and (d) wastewater management and water preservation in the industrial zone.
The score representing the overall satisfaction of the participants was 8.6 (scale of 10). For more information about the course, please contact Ms. Tran Thi Hong Nhien PO of EDS/AITCV at her email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.
- SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM (2015 - 2018) ON THE AIT VIETNAM’S 25TH ANNIVERSARY
- The Orientation of the 17th Entry of the international Executive Master Program of Business Administration (iEMBA)
- Invitation to the Welcome Party of iEMBA Program - 17th Intake in Hanoi
- The Opening Ceremony of the Professional Master Program of Project Management in Construction (MPM), the 9th intake 2016
- Up-coming workshop in Ho Chi Minh City: LEGAL FOR STARTUP
- IPP Accelerator Program - the “First time in Vietnam” World-Class Innovation and Entrepreneurship Training
- Completion of a Consultancy on Industrial water footprint reduction
- 174 students receive honors on AIT’s 124th Graduation